Thursday, October 21, 2010

Durango to Silverton via the Narrow Gauge Railroad

I was by far the most excited about this one particular day of our vacation. I've been wanting to ride this train again for as long as I can remember. When I was little, we took the trek up to Colorado where we stopped and took the tourist pictures at the Grand Canyon along the way and dipped our hands in the cold, cold waters of the Animas River to pan for gold once we arrived in Colorado. AND we took the train. The train that rides high above, crosses over and practically touches the water of the Animas. The train that needs a special narrow gauge in order to navigate the twisty little tracks up to Silverton. The train that has been in operation for 128 years. You know what that means, right? Yep. It's vintage. I love vintage, I love this train and I love adventure. I'm so thankful I was able to take such a grand adventure when I was so little because it left a big impression on me. It sparked an incredible need to explore more of the outdoors.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Wende said...

First off.. amazing shot! I'm glad you got a chance to relive a childhood memory with someone you love. :D

12:25 PM  
Blogger Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

Me too! And...my hubby got this amazing shot. I'd have to say he's pretty amazing, himself!

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home