Tuesday, July 17, 2007

How could we not?


How could we not use our new kayak the first chance we got? It proved to be a very profitable evening as I became the paddler, negotiating us between buoys & shorelines, boats & piers. We cruised around Mission Bay, near Sea World, where we saw penguins and enthusiastic tourists riding the skytram overhead that wanted to see what the heck we were doing. I tried to oblige each passenger by waving while paddling and Sean was more than happy to hold up his trophy for the skytram passengers that yelled, "Hey Canoe-eeey!" 10 fish were caught, in all, but 9 released back to their home. The one we kept: a spotty bass, I'm told. Surely, there will be many more to come as we were able to appreciate the quietness of a warm summer evening in the middle of a big city.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Me & My Boys said...

Sounds like fun!!! :) Can't wait to take a ride...I may have to pass though until after this nice round belly produces it's adorable little boy, otherwise I might sink the boat! He,he! But I will gladly watch and take pictures as everyone else takes their turn!!! :) Oh, did you eat the Bass?

5:15 PM  
Blogger Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

Sean & I both fit, so you would be just fine, Kim!
The bass is in the fridge waiting for Sean to fillet it!

5:46 PM  
Blogger amber dawn said...

Wow! A bass?!? That's awesome! How fun!
I wanna go!!! =)

5:13 PM  
Blogger NixonsMamma said...

Hey Canoeeeey! ha,ha! I went kayaking in Lake Union, WA- once. Fun times! Yum, bass! How'd you cook it?

7:15 PM  
Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

So...how's your back? :)
Glad you had fun. I hope you will get your new kayak soon, then Sean will be jealous and want one just like yours :)
Had fun today! Thanks

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed you said "I became the paddler".

Sweet heart you'll forever be my "trolling motor" until Aaron points me to a new "Thruster".

Gentlemen take note: If you buy her her own Kayak, how is she going to paddle you around in yours?... Double wammy; I loose my "trolling motor" and my wallets lighter. dohh

sean

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home