Friday, October 09, 2009

Autumn sounds better than Fall




Dear Autumn,

You already know I don't like you very much.
I can't go swim in the ocean; I can only watch while the dog darts through the waves like a seal and comes back to me shaking due to the short hair, begging to let me under the towel.
My internal body temperature does flip flops at night; too hot when I'm covered up all the way and too freezing when part of my body gets exposed due to someone stealing the covers.
My vast array of tanktops must now be overlayed with some sort of covering; Scarves, hats and big sweaters make me feel like I'm suffocating.
Fresh scents are best; Cinnamon & spices and warm & cozy are not my thing.
Your colors do not seduce me like those of summer and spring.
However, I must admit, you produce a lot of important crops and I do like pumpkin pie.
The man at the pumpkin patch told me my solo little pumpkin would make a perfect pie. Hmmm, didn't think of that when I picked it out. I just loved the variegated-ness of it. And those hybrid pumpkin / gourd / squash things provide a bit of comic relief every time I look at them. See, Autumn, I can find some good in you. I hope you'll stick around for a while. You sure have a lot of things to discover.

S

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make the pie you'll like it!

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home