Sunday, February 06, 2011

Sycamore Canyon

We took a few more breaks than usual on our trek down and up Sycamore Canyon today. Break #1 came when I spotted a meadow with the sun hitting it just right. "Gorgeous," I thought to myself as I gazed up. While I gazed up at the sky, a rut grabbed ahold of my rear tire and shot me down to the ground. My impact was, thankfully, softened by the grass, but the impact of a crash always jostles me a little. I lifted my head to see Sean riding away, unaware of what had taken place behind him. I put my head back on the grass and waited for him to circle back around for me while the birds overhead squaked at me. Luckily, it was only the birds nearby because about 1/2 mile up the trail, we stopped for break #2.
Sean spotted 2 coyotes just off the trail. They kept their distance from us, but were quite curious. I think they were just jealous that we had wheels and they didn't.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous krisite your tog buddy said...

looks and sounds like a beautiful day...except your fall:(

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Missi said...

That is gorgeous!
Yikes on the fall. I'm glad when you fell on the ground the rat didn't come around and decide to say hello.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home