Saturday, October 14, 2006

Electrified!

I'm excited to showcase some of my very own artwork now available in my etsy shop. The top image is a linoleum block cut print of a lantern. My original inspiration for this piece was from a Crate and Barrel lantern that was a modern twist on an old vintage lantern. It is an intense orange color with hints of red and it is sure to brighten up any space. I thought it would look especially nice next to this divine "Esperanza Mango" cushion from Designer's Guild. I love the graphic, yet painterly feeling of these 2 items together!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did an excellent job on the lantern. Can you tell me how you did this, isn't kinda like stamping? I like how you pair up your features in all of your posts. Unique idea!! Keep up the good work.

:) lucy

2:01 PM  
Blogger Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

Hi Lucy,

Thank you for the nice comments.

Yes, the process is similar to stamping. I carved an image onto a piece of linoleum, rolled ink onto it and pressed the paper onto the linoleum. It's fun to combine inks to create new colors, multi-color images or gradations.

Suzy

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home