Friday, November 10, 2006

Marimekko Fabric

These Marimekko fabrics are so refreshing and lively and are just begging to be turned into something wonderful. When I came across the fabrics, the color reminded me of the lining fabric used by cake + pie on this gorgeous "Velma" bag. This talented young lady is so creative and I do wish I had the pateince to sew something just as beautiful. Visit her blog to see how she made the bag.
The large floral design is part of 3 Marimekko fabric remnants I purchased at the Crate & Barrel outlet store. The small pattern on the right is a closeup of 1 in a pair of vintage Marimekko pillow cases. Both of the fabrics are listed on eBay with a low starting price of $.99 with no reserve.
**The fabric and pillow cases are sold**

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the lovely mention! Those Marimekko fabrics are just gorgeous.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home