Thursday, July 19, 2007

Humiliated


We were no more than 2 feet from shore, when he fell in. 5 minutes - he couldn't even last 5 minutes before he was sopping wet! My favorite part of the day came when the onlookers from the shore clapped when Sean was able to haul the dog back into the kayak without tipping over! His "accident" (I'm not entirely sure he didn't try to jump out) sure put a damper on the evening as he continually tried to stand up so he could shake himself off in the kayak. I haven't read the owner's manual yet, but I'm sure wiggling around, shaking back & forth and circling around & around before you sit down is not recommended in a long, skinny and somewhat unstable kayak! And to make matters worse, my new kayak was not in proper working order!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

That has got to be the saddest face!
Poor Neil....!
What happened to your kayak?
Did you guys have fun at least?

9:05 AM  
Blogger NixonsMamma said...

Hi-liarious!!! :) Sorry... I hope you can laugh about it now! :) What a great first outing with your new kayak! When will you be in SD next week? :) Let's play! and work on our project! :)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Me & My Boys said...

Awwww! Poor puppy!!! :( That story is seriously funny though and you tell it so well! :) So do you guys have 2 kayaks now???

5:44 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Monaco said...

Thanks so much for your encouraging comment on my blog
(monacodesigns.blogspot.com)

I love your work. I just had to comment on your dog though... too cute, he does look a little embarassed though.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

You're welcome Kimberly. I am excited to follow your blog to see what other creations you have.

My husband is convinced that the dog does not make faces, but I think this is proof!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home